Cares melt when you kneel in your garden.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

To Do In The Garden; October 27, 2009

I have a few garden chores I've been putting off; I need to get to them as they'll only loom larger as the weather gets colder and (more importantly) wetter.

  1. Pull out remaining warm weather crops: pole beans, zucchini, corn stalks, sunflowers, tomatoes.
  2. Clean trellises and store in a dry place.
  3. Clean the greenhouses (I need to research a little bit about greenhouses first; I'm tending to think I want to disinfect them.)
  4. Weeding and general garden clean-up. This will be ongoing until the leaves are off all the maples.
  5. Gather my mulch. I'm not sure I'll need mulch for my winter crops, but I want some shredded leaves ready and handy if I do. I need to enlist my husband's help for this.

Goal for today is to pull out the beans, corn and zucchini. Unless it rains, in which case I'll pull out the tomatoes and work in the greenhouse.

I also need to decide what to do about my pepper plants. Even with the low temps we've been having, my hothouse peppers are still setting fruit. To heat or not to heat?

No comments:

Post a Comment