Cares melt when you kneel in your garden.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome To My Garden

And welcome to The Notes That Follow Sow, where I'll be sharing my garden adventures. This may seem like an unconventional time to launch a gardening blog; October is generally a time for garden endings rather than beginnings but, hey! I've been called worse things than unconventional.

Most of my yard is generally put to rest by mid-October, but I have a lovely new vegetable garden that I'm trying to keep in partial production over the winter for cold-tolerant crops and using cold frames and a greenhouse. I don't have a lot of experience as a vegetable gardener in general and none as a winter gardener so this first year should be a real learning experience. Hopefully that's as opposed to a complete disaster.

Check back often (or better yet, subscribe!). I'm going to be posting frequently on my successes and (God forbid) failures and filling in here and there with belated news from my summer garden. I love comments and if you have question, please ask and I'll answer them if I can.

So thank you for visiting my new blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment